How many times have you had to key in the same information for the same old e-mail that you have to send out all the time? It gets to be tedious doesn’t it?
Well there is a way to alleviate the tedium! Let’s automate this process for pity sake and save some time and key strokes!
Follow the steps below to create a reusable building block in Outlook:
- Select the text or e-mail message part that you would like to store as a reusable building block.
- Bear in mind, if you would like to store the formatting (i.e., indentation, alignment, line spacing, and pagination) with your entry, make sure that you include the pilcrow (paragraph mark) in your selection.
- If you do not see the pilcrow at the end of your paragraph, on the Format tab, click the Paragraph button.
- On your Insert tab in the Text group, click Quick Parts.
Fill out the information in the Create New Building block dialog box:
- Name – Key in a unique name for your building block that is intuitive to you.
- Gallery – Select the gallery that you would like your building block to reside in.
- Category – Select a category, such as General or Build-In or create a new category.
- Description – Key in a description of your building block.
- Save In – Click the name of the template of your choice in the drop-down list. Note that a template must be open to be displayed in the drop-down list.
- Options – Select one of the following:
- Insert in own paragraph to make the content into its own paragraph, even if the user’s cursor is in the middle of a paragraph.
- Insert content only for all other content.
Get used to saving lots of time and keystrokes using your new Reusable Building Block!