There are numerous reasons and solutions as to why your pictures may or may not show up in Word even though you know you have added them. I will not go into all the specifics in that regard in this article.
Be that as it may, there are settings in Word that may affect the visibility of the graphics in your document. If you are having an issue in this regard, follow the steps below:
- Click on File | Options.
- Click Advanced at the left-hand side of your screen.
- Scroll until you see the Show document Content section.
- Note the Show Picture Placeholders check box. This is what controls whether Word will display any drawings, regardless of where they reside in Word. If it is selected, then Word will show a placeholder for the graphic but not the graphic itself. So, is you want to see your graphic, deselect this setting.
- Note also the Show Drawings and Text Boxes On Screen check box. This is what controls whether or not drawings are displayed when using Print Layout and Web Layout views. Change it to suit your purposes.
- When you are finished, click OK to close the dialog box.
Hopefully this will resolve your issues with images appearing in your documents!