I am sure that there have been times when you have needed to print several envelopes that have the same delivery address. Or, perhaps you have a need to keep an envelope on file for use every month (i.e., parking, rent, day care, etc.). Luckily Word is capable of adding an envelope to your instant document. However, you cannot create a new document that only contains an envelope, as you can with labels.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Open an existing document that contains the address you would like to use on your envelope.
- Highlight the address and copy it to your Clipboard by clicking CTRL + C.
- Create a new document, by clicking CTRL + N.
- Click on the Mailings tab of your Ribbon.
- In the Create group, click Envelopes to display the dialog box.
- Be certain that the Envelopes tab is selected.
- Place your cursor in the Delivery Address box.
- Click CTRL + V to insert the address the you copied above.
- Using the tools in the dialog box, format your envelop to your liking.
- Click on Add to Document to create your envelope.
You now have you envelope and you can save it in a file if you like. When next you need to print your envelope, take care to only print the first page of the document, which is the envelope itself. If not, you will print the entire document, which is a waste of paper and ink!