A client recently wrote to me about Track Changes in Word. She state that she uses Track Changes quite often and really loves using it and finds it very helpful. Her only problem with Track Changes it seems is that she does not like her formatting changes being listed in the changes. She wanted to know if there as a way to have all other changes noted except her formatting changes.
There are a couple of ways you can look at this matter.
- You could display the Review tab of your Ribbon and click on the Show Markup tool. You will then see a list of various things that Word can track and show.
- Now, make certain that Formatting is deselected.
Once you have done this, Word will still track your formatting, but will not display those changes.
If you would prefer that Word not keep track of your formatting changes at all, that can be done as well.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Be sure the Review tab of your Ribbon is displayed.
- In the Tracking group, click the small arrow at the bottom to display the Track Changes Options dialog box.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Deselect Track Formatting.
- Click OK.
- Click OK once more.