This may be basic information for some, but for others who are just starting their journey in Word or who are using a newer version of Word this information can be very useful. So, no matter what level you think you are in Word, I think you will find the information below helpful.
There are two ways in which you may select a column within your table.
The first is:
- Position your cursor in any cell within your column.
- Display the Layout tab fr your Ribbon, and click Select | Select Column.
- Move your cursor just above the column you would like to select.
- Once it turns into a downward pointing arrow, click on your left mouse button.
The two methods of selecting a row within your table are not too different.
- Place your cursor in any cell within the row of your table.
- Display the Layout tab of your Ribbon and click Select | Row.
- Move your cursor just to the left of the row you would like to select.
- Click on your left mouse button.
These methods will also work in Word 2013!