How many times have your fingers been flying over your keyboard and then you happen to glance down and discover that Caps Lock is on? Isn’t that so aggravating??
Fortunately, Excel can catch my error for me – IF I tell it to!
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- On your Ribbon, Click the Office button and then Excel Options in Excel 2007. In 2010, Click the File tab or your Ribbon and then Options.
- At the left side of your screen, click Proofing.
- Click AutoCorrect Options to display the dialog box.
- Display the AutoCorrect tab.
- Be certain the Correct Accidental Use of cAPS LOCK Key check box is selected.
- Click OK.
Now, if you key in text in a cell and the first letter is lowercase and the rest of the letters are uppercase, Excel knows that I have selected the Caps Lock key and will turn it off.
It will also correct the capitalization of my text entry!