As you may have noticed, at the end of your PowerPoint presentation there is displayed a black screen with the words “End of Slide Show, click to exit” at the top.
If you don’t care to end your presentation in this manner, it is possible to remove the black screen. Follow the steps below to do so for PowerPoint 2007:
- Click on the Office button.
- Choose the PowerPoint Options button.
- Choose Advanced from the left side of the next panel.
- On the right side find the Slide Show section.
- Uncheck the box for the option End with black slide.
Take note however, that this setting applies only to the PowerPoint application that you are running on your own computer. It is not saved with your presentation file. So, if you are taking a slide show to a remote location for a presentation, you will want to check and reset the option on that computer if necessary.